Saturday 21 September 2013

On the Drawing Board

More Adventures in Wonderland
I finished my second piece for "Alice in Wonderland" which opens in October. The exhibition will also be online so I promise to post all the works that our artists have been working on here too- can't wait to share with you. This is my White Rabbit piece. I thought a Caterpillar might emerge but I'm having a little break to start on other projects now, maybe I will return to this "series" soon.

How Long is Forever ? Ink on Illustration Board (Framed) 

Next on the Drawing Board 
I'm starting to work on some pieces for 2 shows in November at Swoon Gallery, California and a return to Gallery Heinzel for the mixed winter exhibition. I have been sketching a cute little Warbler today which is almost ready for ink and also a much larger "maiden" piece, I'm not sure who she is yet but I will try to post some of the sketches as I go along. The Swoon show will focus on traditional drawing and one of the pieces will be in Graphite, so I'm looking forward to the challenge- It will be a huge temptation to ink up the drawing I'm sure.

L'innamorato
The wonderful L'innamorato Exhibition opened in Indiana last night. Congratulations to all the artists involved, it was so exciting to see the work revealed. I am very pleased to be a part of this.
One of my overseas friends was on hand to take some pics (the wonder of the internet), so here is my "Drawing Down the Moon" which I shared progress of here- all framed up at PottersWife Gallery.

 Drawing Down the Moon- Ink & Gold Leaf on Illustration Board (Framed) 
The online store for this exhibition is now open here-
http://linnamorato.com/exhibit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment