Tuesday 12 February 2013

Whuppity Stoorie and some Goddess Lore

I have spent the day finalising the sketches for my next project piece "Whuppity Stoorie". The piece is based on a Scottish Fairy Tale which is very like the more well known "Rumplestiltskin". I look forward to sharing the story with you soon as I work on the artwork.
In the meantime I thought I would share some works I have been doing lately inspired by Goddess Lore and the meanings behind birth names, which have been inspiring me. These pieces are having influence on the bigger project.  


 The Morrigan- Original Sold


 Brigid- Original Sold


 Ciara- Original Sold


 Freyja- Original Sold



 Imogen- Original Sold


 Ostara- Original Sold


 Orla- Meaning "The Golden One"- The original artwork is still available. Its one of the smaller pieces in this series and can be purchased direct from my Etsy Store here https://www.etsy.com/listing/124491326/orla-original-goddess-art-work


 Vila- The Protector of Animals- Original on Reserve for a Customer



These are some works in progress from "Dia Greine" the latest "Goddess" piece. This one is Scottish in origin. Dia Greine was a captured sun goddess who was rescued by a fox. This one is a large piece which I hope to finish for entry into a juried exhibition- she may even make it into the "Whisper of the Sith" collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment