Sunday 2 December 2012

Here is the full artwork. My first piece completed. The next piece I'm working on is a Scottish "version" of the Cinderella tale "Rashiecoats". One of my ideas for these pieces was to create new challenges in my compositions and ideas as well as incorporating personal symbolism within the artworks. I think on reflection the main challenge for me in FinFolk was more about exploring a predominantly male figurative piece as my comfort zone has been drawing more feminine artworks. The personal symbolism is not so apparent but the overall artwork does reflect my Orkney heritage. My grandparents on my mothers side were from Orkney so the tale had particular fascination for me and seemed like a very good place to start this journey.
I look forward to sharing my next work in progress images with you soon (so many ideas already taking shape).
FinFolk- Ink Drawing- A1 on Illustration Board
  

No comments:

Post a Comment